Modern industry can no longer make do with self-woven linen and sheep’s wool. Sewing clothes and household goods, manufacturing furniture and even insulating houses requires the use of more practical and less expensive materials. These include batting produced by the Kharkov factory DOTINEM, in the features of which we will try to understand.
Batting means non-woven fabric , made from recovered (regenerated) fibers. Thus, he plays an important role in the life of the environment, utilizing and converting waste from the garment industry into useful things.
Today batting production is divided into two subtypes: needle-punched batting and stitched batting. Each of them has its own characteristics:
- Needle-punched batting tightly fixed by closely spaced needles with special teeth. Tie the canvas vertically.
- Stitched batting fastened with zigzag stitches, penetrating the canvas over the entire area. For its stitching, cotton or synthetic threads are used, a gauze backing, which provides the fabric with durability and wear resistance.
Batting batting strife
For the production of batting, it is customary to choose according to the following parameters:
Density – for industry, this is one of the most important parameters that allow you to correctly calculate the production capacity and the cost of the finished product. The DOTINEM factory produces badding with linen density from 180 to 300 g / m2, needle-punched badding 400 – 1000 g / m2 with a roll width of 1.5 m.
- – 100 % wool or cotton. Such batting is the most expensive, but one of the most durable and heat-resistant.
- – made of polyester fibers – its advantages are availability, wear resistance and low crease.
- – linen batting – made from flax residues from the spinning mill.
- – half-woolen batting – the most demanded material, comprising 40 % wool and up to 60 % synthetics / cotton in composition.
By color – cotton batting is white, grayish or yellow in color. Wool batting is easily recognizable by its gray shade, and yarn batting by its multi-colored inserts.
Batting is more suitable for the industry of the 21st century. It contains the most popular properties for the consumer:
- – absorption and evaporation of excess moisture
- – high air permeability
- – ability to keep warm
- – resistance to hot / cold temperatures
- – noise absorption
- – affordable cost
The negative aspects include the weight of the batting. His canvas is quite heavy, and in conditions of high humidity it becomes even heavier. Also, over time, the batting can roll down, forming rarefied zones.
Areas where it is applied
And yet, batting has much more positive qualities, so it is widely used in many areas of our life:
- – batting is indispensable in the production of footwear, children’s toys. It is used for stuffing upholstered furniture and covering ironing boards;
- – иfrom batting they sew sleeping bags, special clothes, padded jackets, warm mittens, jackets;
- – the effectiveness of batting is proven in the production of mattresses, pillows and blankets;
- – insulation, soundproofing of the building, linoleum laying is also not complete without batting.
The nuances of care
What you need to know about batting so that products made from it serve as long as possible? Nothing complicated except:
- – wadding clothes are washed by hand using washing powder or liquid gel
- – after washing, it is better to dry the batting horizontally
- – ironing only at low temperatures
As you can see, today batting is in demand and effective, thanks to its practicality, reliability and affordability. You can always buy batting from the manufacturer in large and small wholesale in the required quantity at the Kharkov factory DOTINEM.